Our Surgical Suite
We provide the same level of patient monitoring that you would receive if you were having surgery. All pets that undergo surgery at Oz Animal Hospital are carefully watched and have their blood pressure, heart rate, rhythm, and blood oxygen levels monitored by a specially designated veterinary technician and high-tech equipment. Your pet will receive pain medication before, during, and after the surgical procedure.
Our surgical facilities include:
- A fully equipped surgical suite capable to perform most types of soft tissue surgery.
- A fully-trained veterinary and technical nursing staff to ensure the safest, most efficient state-of-the-art procedures for your pet
- ECG and oxygen saturation monitors
- Heated surgery tables for greater comfort for your pet
- Monitored sterilization techniques to verify sterilization is complete
- Full pre-anesthetic blood testing and intensive after-surgery care
We perform all types of general surgery, including:
Soft tissue/general surgery
Spay and neuter
Emergency surgery (laceration repair, wound repair and foreign object removal)
At Oz Animal Hospital, we believe in maximizing the comfort of your pet during and after his/her surgical procedure. Proper pain management improves your pet’s recovery and speeds the healing process. We use a multi-modal approach to pain management. A multi-modal approach refers to the layered administration of small amounts of different drugs to minimize any pain that your pet might feel during or after the procedure. Because we administer lower doses of each individual drug, your pet will experience fewer adverse side effects, more complete pain relief and faster post-operative recovery.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Request an appointment online by clicking the button below.